All 1 hour sessions can be run up to 3 times a day.
All 1½ and 2 hour sessions can be run up to twice a day:
- in the morning (between 9.30am – 12pm)
- in the afternoon (between 12pm – 3pm)
2 hour afternoon sessions may require an earlier than usual lunch time.
A typical ‘Get Outdoors’ day for a single class may run:
|9.45am||Group A – Nature Engineers & Fire Pit with UCP staff|
|Group B – Self-led Activity|
|12.15pm||Group A – Self-led Activity|
|Group B – Nature Engineers & Fire Pit with UCP staff|
Facilities and Lunch Times
- All our group visits will use the Activity Space opposite the entrance to the Tea Rooms as a secure base to leave bags and lunches
- Full day visits will include half an hour for your lunch
- You are welcome to picnic anywhere in the Country Park; a covered lunch space can be provided for a single class if required
- Lunch times can be staggered for multiple classes if a covered space is needed
- We ask that schools take all rubbish away with them.
Food on site
Our Tea Rooms serve a range of hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, cakes and ice creams, to eat in or takeaway, and can set aside treats for groups in advance.
Spurrier’s Play Park
Schools are welcome to take advantage of Spurrier’s Play Park, just outside the Activity Space, during their lunch break or after your session(s) has ended.
By minibus or coach
Upton Country Park is located on the shoreline of Holes Bay, three miles northwest of Poole Town Centre and clearly signposted from the A35 and A350.
- Morebus service Nos 8 & 9 stop at both the main Park entrance ( on the map, just a few minutes walk to the House) and at Blandford Road pedestrian entrance ( on the map) – morebus co.uk
- Morebus service No 10 and the Purbeck Breezer Route 40 run all year and also stop at Upton Country Park entrance.
- check the Morebus services arriving at Upton Country Park entrance now
- First Group operate a No X54 service between Weymouth and Poole that stops about 1 mile away, at the Triangle Shops, Upton (Dorchester Road) – timetable at firstgroup.com
Main Park entrance & vehicle access, Poole Road
Blandford Road pedestrian entrance
Drop-off & Parking
Drop-off for minibuses and coaches is at the Bus Stop in the main car park – a member of staff will be there to meet you.
There are longer parking spaces for minibuses opposite the Bus Stop in the car park. We have limited coach parking, please let us know in advance if a coach will need to stay.
Buses and coaches that wish to stay on site will be required to pay the car parking charge, which can be added to your invoice:
Up to 2 hours £3.00 / Up to 4 hours £4.50 / Over 4 hours £6.00
- Full day visit for single class (all 3 sessions) – £180
- Half day visit for a single class (2 sessions) – £120
- Tremendous Trees for up to 3 whole classes – £120/session
Nature Engineers + Fire Pit
- Single sessions (half a class) – £82.50 (£165 for a whole class over 2 sessions)
- Combined sessions (half a class) – £90 (£180 for a whole class over 2 sessions)
- 1½ hour session for a whole class – £165
- 1 hour sessions – £120
- 1½ hour sessions – £135
- 2 hour sessions – £150
Upton Country Park, Poole Road, Upton, Poole BH17 7BJ